Umicore NV is seeking an accountant to complement our Belgian Legal entity accounting team (LAC) in the Share Department (Accounting Shared Service Centre). The LAC team is responsible for the maintenance of the accounting records (local GAAP & IFRS) for, in particular, a number of Belgian entities, which entails, amongst others, the preparation of the financial reports such as group reporting, statutory annual account, statistics, … for the internal (business units, Group Control) and external stakeholders, and this in collaboration with the various other corporate departments.
Are you an enthusiastic and enterprising individual who has acquired broad experience within the accounting profession? If so, then you may be the accountant we are seeking to join our team!
- collect, register, analyse, and verify the accounting records of one or more legal entities;
- check and reconcile the intercompany transactions amongst the various legal entities and Business units.
- be the contact person for the follow-up of the fixed assets.
- prepare internal (IFRS) and external (local GAAP) reports.
- independently and proactively verify and optimise the operational management within your domain and/or legal entity.
- assist the LAC Manager in drawing up the planning of closures and reporting processes.
- monitor compliance with the legislative accounting standards, directives and regulations within the organisation, inclusive of the updating of the process and control documentation.
- get proactively involved in the development and elaboration of major new projects or changes and ensure that this be conducted in keeping with the expectations of the various stakeholders.
- assume final responsibility for the timely and correct preparation and deposit of the annual account and the assigned economic and financial statistics to the NBB.
- A Bachelor diploma or equivalent practical experience.
- A thorough and intensive knowledge of, particularly, the Belgian accounting rules and a basic understanding of IFRS.
- An understanding of working with SAP and Office applications.
- Knowledge of Dutch, French, and English (spoken/written).
- A good knowledge of the multiple processes and systems within the framework of the accounting processing and generation of financial reports
- Knowledge of the structure and the internal procedures within an organisation
- An individual able to organise activities in an independent manner, taking into due account the diverse and varying planning processes and deadlines.
- An individual able to deliver high quality work (structured and with an eye for detail) and who submits suggestions for the improvement of processes.
- An individual who respects confidentiality and professional ethics, internal and legal procedures, and who honours rules and agreements.
- A team player who offers full support to his or her colleagues and with them searches for solutions to complex problems.
- An individual with broad and in-depth knowledge in the area of accounting standards and imbued with enthusiasm to broaden his or her knowledge.
- An individual with a great sense of responsibility and duty. You are committed to personally assume your responsibilities and achieve excellent results.
- Decisive, a go-getter. You like clarity and have great insight into, and empathy with, your work environment.
- Attentive and persuasive.