Area Sales Manager
Sales & Marketing
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Our activities are centered on three business areas: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies, and Recycling, and each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com.
Within the context of the commercial strategy France and under the responsibility of the Region Sales Manager, he/her will be in charge of the commercial development and the promotion of the VMZinc brand, products and services targeting distributors (30%), specifiers (30%) and companies (40%). He/she will contribute to reinforce/develop his/her activity within the area by his technical and commercial know how.
He/she will contribute to the development of the zinc building envelope market and to deal with competitors (zinc and other materials like aluminium, steel, copper …) due to his/her knowledge of key specifiers, their regular follow up, to his/her actions targeting other companies and to his/her distribution support.
Management and sales development :
- In accordance with his/her manager and the headquarters support team, he/she sets up an annual action plan for his/her region and ensures its achievement. He/she facilitates regular meetings with specifier (30%), distributor (30%) and company key (40%) accounts.
Administration, reporting, meeting organization :
- Follows up on the action plan and prepares sales meetings using the Qlickview tool and personal analysis, respects the administrative procedures, delivers regular and full action/market reports and market intelligence to his/her supervisor.
Functional Requirements :
- Sales diploma,
- 4 - 5 years’ experience in sales and prescription of industrial products for light works
- Good knowledge and comprehension of the decision process of the construction industry (markets and contributors)
- Technical and sales know how
- Mobility and availability
Personal Skills :
- Team Spirit
- Sense of results
- Stress resistance
- Sense of customer relations (communication and negotiation)
- Openness and adaptability to different customer types
- Organisation and perseverance
This function is "home-based", ideally near Limoges/Brives/Périgueux
Area of responsibility: French departments 19/87/23/24/46/47/82/16
4 days of customer visits, one day home office.
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this vacancy, please forward your cover letter and CV directly to Agnès Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org.