Assistant Legal Counsel, North America (Raleigh, NC)
United States, Raleigh (UM USA inc.)
Legal Affairs / Security
External Job Description
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees Umicore is seeking an Assistant Legal Counsel in our Umicore USA Inc. Legal Department located in Raleigh, NC.
- Review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements governed by North American law, including purchase, sale, lease, license, service, distribution, and intellectual property agreements.
- Support assigned M&A projects in North America, including negotiating non-disclosure agreements, conducting due diligence, and reviewing purchase and sale agreements.
- Resolve commercial disputes, mediations, arbitrations, litigations, and administrative proceedings by, among other things, drafting position statements, supervising discovery, and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Assist Legal Counsel with other legal matters as assigned
This position will provide legal services and support in connection with commercial activities governed by North American law.
Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor from a U.S. law school accredited by the American Bar Association.
- Current license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction.
- Active member, in good standing, of the State bar in which licensed to practice.
- A minimum of three years of relevant legal experience, as either in-house or outside counsel
Qualified applicants should be organzied, efficient, able to perform in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented and have a strong ability to multi-task.
Umicore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Derrick Krueger at email@example.com or by calling 919.874.1926.