Assistant Project Manager Engineering
Precious Metals Refining
Giving new life to used metals. Reducing harmful vehicle emissions.Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage.
With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
As a junior project manager you will get the change to be coached closely by your manager as well by your other project manger’s colleagues. It is an unique opportunity to learn a lot on a short notice about a wide range of engineering projects within an challenging innovative environment. As from the beginning small engineering projects will be managed by you in order to grow and develop yourself further towards larger and more complex projects. Besides the technical aspects you can develop your soft skills such as communication, networking, planning, organizing and taking ownership.
- You cooperate and take responsibility in innovative engineering projects for the Hoboken plant of Precious Metals Refining.
- You will be part of a dynamic project team and actively identify the needs of internal customers (production, maintenance, environment,…).
- In close collaboration with the project team and other services (esp. production and maintenance), you study and analyze the required technology for revamps and new units. You propose innovative technical improvements and/or solutions, in a feasibility – basic & detailed engineering phase.
- You make a budget estimate for the proposed solutions.
- You do basic engineering and follow-up detailed engineering for (new) projects.
- You take up the function of project engineer in a small project team in order to prepare and implement execution of projects.
- You assure good communication with internal customers, supervisors and team members
- You assess and follow up the quality system, safety, environmental and health policies
- Your major workload is situated in Hoboken.
- You have just obtained your civil engineering degree in electro-mechanics or mechanics.
- You are passionate and eager to learn about techniques and engineering
- You have a good knowledge of MS Office. 2D- and 3D-software are plus.
- You are a team player, able to work in close collaboration with other departments and eager to contribute to successful implementation and start up of new installations.
- You are driven by goals and methodological in approaching projects.
- You are a multi-tasker, who can prioritize and adapt the planning in function of the changing demands.
- You are able to synthesize a number of data and come to clear conclusions.
- You are a good communicator, able to empower your ideas to upper management.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English