Compensation and Benefits Analyst (Raleigh, NC)
United States, Raleigh (UM USA inc.)
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking a Compensation and Benefits Analyst in our Umicore USA Inc. business unit, located at our Raleigh, NC facility.
This position is key in the effective administration and delivery of regional (North American) Compensation and Benefit programs, with the focus on building and delivering strong and effective regional Compensation and Benefit programs and services in partnership with the Business Units (BUs) served.
- Support the delivery of legally compliant, cost effective and appropriate health & welfare and retirement programs for US employees. Coordinate with administrators and insurance carriers, and monitor their process and service delivery towards program efficacy; including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Work with HR team members to ensure coordination of all benefits.
- Provide technical expertise for all benefit plans, processes and administration.
- Assist with annual benefits open enrollment process, including partnering with vendors, developing employee communications, and testing of the web-based enrollment system, developing and delivering open enrollment presentations.
- Coordinate all benefit plan audits.
- Track benefit costs, claims and other benefits related data.
- Ensure integrity of enrollment data for vendor feeds and change reports.
- Prepare reports and cost breakdowns for monthly benefit billing.
- Support the evaluation of positions in accordance with the internal job evaluation structure and methodology.
- Compile and analyze information for various positions across multiple functions to make recommendations on hiring and promotional adjustments.
- Participate in salary and labor market surveys to determine prevailing pay and benefit practices.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of compensation and benefit laws. Educate and advise HR staff on various laws and regulations including: FLSA, Affordable Care Act, ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA and COBRA as well as government mandated disclosures.
- Support the administration of International Assignments.
- Make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in related field
- 2-5 years progressive compensation and benefits experience
- Professional certification (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, CCP or CEBS) preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of HRIS (SAP) a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal with the demonstrated ability to communicate at various levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team oriented environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task; very detail oriented; comfortable working within strict deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
Skills - Technical