Customer Service & Office Administration Coordinator (Quapaw, OK)
United States, Quapaw_ USA
Sales & Marketing
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference.
Purpose of the Job
Primary point of contact between the business and our customers and prospects. Either through direct action, or by interacting with the various departments within the organization, they fulfill customers' requirements. As such, the Customer Service Coordinator has a hand in every step of the ordering process from quotation to order fulfillment, including technical queries, claims, returns, invoicing and payments. Performs office administrative support primarily related to visitors by greeting them in person or by telephone and directing them appropriately.
- Provide quotes to customer (consists reviewing customer drawings/specifications, utilize pricing tools, seek competitive information)
- Order entry (create product sheets, schedule shipments, distribute orders throughout production, mail confirmations to customer)
- Invoicing & credit notes for customers
- Complete RMA's for customers and initiate 8Ds (find out the nature of the complaint, complete paperwork for return, assist in bringing material back on stock, credit return, etc.)
- Coordinate and assist shipping with open order schedules daily to prioritize shipments and ensure paperwork is accurate
- Assist Compliance Officer and Manager with export sales orders
- Update various Excel spreadsheets to improve communication between sales, production, customers
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, provide information
- Greet visitors (nature and purpose of visit, determine identification and access level, direct or escort to specific destination)
- Properly screen visitors via national database to ensure ITAR compliance
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma required
- 2-5 years experience performing inside sales or customer service, preferably in an international company
- Previous manufacturing environment experience required
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume required
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings heavily preferred
- Experience with SAP heavily preferred
- Experience in logistics tasks preferred
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain service focus while working in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Pam Talbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (918)281-4723.