HR Business Partner RBM Asia
China, Guangzhou - RHQ
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Turning pollutants into harmless substances. Giving new life to metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About our Support Functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
As HR Business Partner RBM Asia, you’ll coordinate and accelerate the HR implementation of the RBM growth strategy in Asia (China and Korea), in close collaboration with the global HR business partner and with BU management. Specifically, this will include:
- Regional alignment with BU management, the global HR business partner and with Regional HR. The jobholder interacts with senior and site management on the alignment of HR priorities and programmes and assist with organizational changes and announcements
- Alignment and/or standardization across sites in the region on specific HR practices and programs (e.g. organization structure, functions/function descriptions/position titles, training needs…). Formulate and develop BU specific HR programs and projects and ensure the deployment across the sites, in alignment with site and regional HR
- Consolidate the workforce planning together with the site management; ensure that all HR functions involved are well informed and act on resource needs and timing (in close cooperation with site HR). Support recruitment programs and employer branding.
- In cooperation with Regional HR and site HR, steer the development and growth of the Asian talent; assist the management team in succession planning and follow up. Identify specific BU learning & development needs and implement through site and regional HR. Promote the use of Corporate and Regional programmes and solutions.
- Facilitate and coordinate BU-regional HR projects & processes (Talent Review & Individual Performance Appraisal + People Survey)
Who we’re looking for
Our success based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and prepared to tackle any challenges they face. As well as your Bachelor Degree or above, you should have minimum of 10 years general experience in the field of HR (preferred a combination of site and Region (multi-site)). Experience as business partner in an international business context, e.g. work experience in an international company (foreign headquarters or sites in several countries). You should have high levels of motivation and initiative, good influencing skills and strong team spirit. We’ll also be looking for:
- Good understanding of organisational design and ability to discuss the HR implication of business decisions with line managers
- Operational experience in workforce planning, recruitment, learning and development and organisation development
- Process oriented, service minded and result focused
- Good networker, who is open to and respective of other cultures
- Open mind and a broad field of interest
- Good team player
- Ready to challenge, a critical mind-set and ability to come up with new ideas
- Willing to travel on a regular basis
- Fluent in English and preferably Chinese. Good knowledge of Korean is an asset.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That’s why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and progress our careers. As you’d expect from a world-leading organisation, we’ll also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?