Innovation Project Manager
Research & Development
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN DO?
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
Do you have a strong background in recycling and extraction, in processes and technologies?
Are you passionate about learning and sharing knowledge, and about generating new ideas and insights to advance and accelerate research initiatives? Do you want to work on research projects with a longer time horizon?
Are you a strong networker and communicator, connecting internally with a broad network of colleagues, and externally with Umicore’s network of university, research institute and industry partners for open innovation?
For its Group Research & Development located in Olen (Belgium), Umicore is currently looking for an:
Innovation Project Manager
- You manage innovative projects with a longer time horizon in the field of recycling and extraction.
- You contribute to and extend our external network for collaborative research, in search for new opportunities.
- You actively develop your expertise, and share it within the organization. Moreover, you facilitate the connection between outside knowledge and developments, and the relevant colleagues inside Umicore.
- You interact with internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- You are accountable for the results, timing and budget within your responsibilities.
- You take responsibility for environmental, health and safety aspects.
- You hold a PhD or Master with more than 5 years of relevant experience in chemical, metallurgical or environmental engineering or an equivalent area.
- You are creative. You like exploring and are open minded towards new ideas and concepts. You stimulate your own and others’ creativity and innovation.
- You are a strong communicator, verbally and written, with excellent networking skills, able to proactively build functional relations inside and outside the company.
- You have good analytical skills, able to assess and summarize (numerical) information and share knowledge and expertise with others.
- Your entrepreneurial mindset is able to evaluate new ideas and their technical and economic feasibility.
- You are skilled in organizing and planning. You are result-oriented.
- You are fluent in English both written and orally. You speak Dutch or you are prepared to master it rapidly. Knowledge of French or German is a plus.
- You are willing to travel abroad.
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example , commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.
Application closes on 8th of June 2018.