Maintenance Technician II (Wickliffe, OH)
United States, Wickliffe
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
External Job Description
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com.
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician II in our Cobalt & Specialty Materials business unit, located at our Umicore Specialty Materials Recycling LLC facility in Wickliffe, OH.
About Cobalt & Specialty Materials ...
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore's expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore's materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paints and tires. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Conducting preventative maintenance program requirements for all manufacturing equipment
- Basic electrical, repair and maintenance for mixing, blending, electronic meters
- Boiler operation, trouble shooting, treatment and basic preventative maintenance
- Basic welding (stick and MIG)
- Pump repair (pneumatic and centrifugal)
- Pneumatic/Hydraulic repair and maintenance
- Assist with new project installation as required
- Small engine repair and maintenance
- Pipefitting and plumbing installation and repair
Purpose of the Job
The objective of the Maintenance Technician is to be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment and property and to insure minimal downtime while also insuring a safe work environment.
What we are looking for
Skills and Requirements include:
- High school diploma, or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in an industrial environment, preferably a chemical manufacturing facility
- Welding skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Forklift experience, or the willingness to follow the necessary training to obtain the certificate
- Physically able to wear respiratory protection
- Able to perform physical tasks such as climb stairs and ladders, handle weights (material), lift 70 lbs, .. for maintenance and inspection of operational equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency in mechanical knowledge of pneumatic and centrifugal pumps
- Proficient with hand and power tools
- Small engine repair certification is a plus
- PLC automation experience is a plus
- Can think, problem-solve, and work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow instructions (written & verbal) with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with the ability to work and follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Dedicated and dependable
- Detail oriented and has a focus on safety, health and environment
- Experience in the use of machinery and hand tools
- Strong sense of responsibility with an aptitude for troubleshooting
- Hands-on mentality and eager to work
- Ability to perform “on-call” shifts as need
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise, and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contriubtion with a competitive salary and benefits. We offer a generous benefits package, including a 401K Plan with employer matching and profit sharing eligibility, 11 paid holidays per year, bonus eligibility, health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance, company paid life insurance, voluntary accident and life insurance policies, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Gretchen Nystrand at email@example.com or by calling 440-833-3006.