Maintenance Technician II (Wickliffe, OH)
United States, Wickliffe
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
External Job Description
Umicore is a global materials technology and recylcing company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Our activities are centered on three business areas: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies, and Recycling, and each business area is divided into market-focused business units offereing materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. Te learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com.
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Specialty Materials Recycling LLC is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician II in our Cobalt & Specialty Materials busines unit, located at our Wickliffe, OH facility.
- Responsible for industrial controls and automation for all plant equipment
- Conducting preventative maintenance program requirements for all manufacturing equipment and assist in the training of maintenance technicians as required by the Maintenance Manager.
- Troubleshoot and repair of all plant equipment
- Electrical installation and maintenance of all new projects and existing equipment to meet OSHA requirements.
- Electrical installations to meet NFPA code requirements
- Other duties as needed
Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all plant equipment and property to ensure minimal downtime and a safe work environment.
Education & Experience
- At least 5 or more year’s maintenance experience in an industrial environment, preferably a chemical manufacturing facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate certificate of 2 years of college or equivalent is preferred
- Strong electrical and PLC troubleshooting skills and experience is required
- Industry certifications (i.e. boiler, crane, etc) desired
- Pipefitting and plumbing knowledge is a plus
- The ability to wear PPE including air purifying respirator as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of production equipment
- The ability to lift 70 lbs, climb stairs and ladders for maintenance and inspection of operational equipment.
- Very skilled in the use of machinery and hand tools
- Experience with bolier operations, welding and fabricating would be helpful, but is not mandatory
- Self-starter with the ability to work and follow instructions with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Dedicated and dependable
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Detail oriented with a focus on safety, health and environment
- Ability to perform “on-call” shifts as needed
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Gretchen Nystrand at email@example.com or by calling (440) 833-3006.