Manager Financial Process Flow
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life.
About our corporate/support functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You are in charge of supporting, optimising and documenting operational flows in SAP, on a world-wide scale, with a specific focus on purchase to pay (PTP) and global treasury flows, (cost) accounting, and on financial master data. You assist the Finance Competence Center (FCC) team in error tickets follow-up and resolution, for training and for change management requirements related to the various financial processes and their related applications. You also contribute to business IT projects, jointly with the Information Systems (IS) department.
- You analyse and explore finance processes (process, system and user compliance) and their improvement potentials in order to improve sustainability and efficiency of financial flows (following MICR, UFRS, SOD criteria’s). You propose operational monitoring and KPI’s for the key processes selected.
- You enhance existing documentation or initiate documentation on globally used SAP templates / standards.
- You coordinate design, system and user acceptance tests and training, support to ensure smooth project go-lives and ensure proper communication and change management. This in close alignment with the IS and business teams.
- You liaise with Master Data Management team and with IS in order to support project requirements, data quality improvement initiatives and day to day transactional issues.
- You actively contribute to the training efforts of FCC towards the finance community worldwide for the different competences according to the training roadmap based on ongoing finance community feed-back and on team priorities.
- You are instrumental in drafting didactic training material (combining theoretical background with practical exercises), including active participation to e-learning development.
- You ensure proactive and reactive support towards the finance community for accounting and various financial processes (including PTP workflow and global Treasury transactions).
- You manage error tickets by following-up and contributing actively to their resolution, with or without IS contribution, depending on the problem. Interact with finance community about the status of error tickets.
- You contribute to projects related to internal/external growth management, focusing on operational and finance flows integration (functional designs, change management, post go-live support,…).
Who we are looking for
- You hold a Master degree or equivalent by experience in Finance and/or in IT technology.
- You are literate in SAP financial modules (functional and technical side), Microsoft office and have in-depth knowledge of accounting, treasury and reporting processes.
- You have minimal 5 years of experience, such as Business Consultant or key-user/coordinator in an IS or in a Finance organisation.
- You are fluent in English; Dutch and French; German is an asset.
- You are a planner but stay flexible in changing priorities environment.
- You have change management skills and are result driven.
- You are strong in analytical thinking and process design.
- You can switch rapidly from conceptual to technical levels.
- You are a team player, with strong communication skills (being structured and didactic).
- You are willing to travel abroad and to adapt to multi-cultural environment.
What we offer
At Umicore, we aim to lead by example, commit to quality products and services and to our values. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which our people can succeed, and a culture that is open to sharing ideas, develop expertise and careers, coupled to a motivating remuneration package.
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?