Manager Product Application & Customer Support
United Kingdom, Brentwood
Sales & Marketing
Automotive Catalysts is at the core of Umicore’s vision. We are one of the world's leading producers of catalysts used in automotive emission systems for light-duty and heavy-duty vehicles. Our catalysts perform in a wide range of powertrains, including gasoline and diesel engines, natural gas, and alternative fuels, and are increasingly important in engines supporting mild and full hybrid vehicles. By focusing on superior technology in the development of automotive emission catalysts, we help our customers to produce more fuel-efficient vehicles and meet present and future requirements of environmental legislation. As Manager Product Application and Customer Support you are responsible for providing full technical support to customers with the purpose of promoting the use and purchase of new products to meet AC´s growth and profit goals. You report to the European Sen. Manager Product Management.
Your technical responsibilities:
- You lead the technical discussions at the customers.
- You are developing technical solutions for customer applications based on legislation and market/customer requirements.
- You are responsible for the selection of the right products for selected customer programs and coordinate the process of bringing the product into production.
- You assure the work performed meets the requirements of the IATF16949, ISO14001, and ISO18001 and promotes the continued application of the TQM process within the team.
- You communicate effectively with customers and give feedback on customer requirements within AC Product Management.
- Together with R&D and the Product Management team you develop strategies and input for the five-year budget plan related to customer activities including testing, catalyst development know-how, and personnel needs.
Your commercial and strategic responsibilities:
- You manage the life cycle of your products.
- You are responsible for optimizing the productivity and efficiency of test programs.
- You are the strategic interface with the technical community to position Umicore and to gain insight into their current and future product and emission system needs and planning for your customer. This includes a clear understand of their development and testing requirements (engine as well as chassis).
- You support Umicore’s technology visibility through active participation and presentations in industry and government meetings as well as scientific and technical events.
- You run technical analysis of competitor products and system design incl. evaluation of strategic importance.
- You give technical input to the Senior Manager by budget planning and execution and design development projects with milestones within the approved budget as documented in the IBP.
- BS University degree is required; Advanced degree, e.g. MSc or Doctorate degree related to auto industry, business and/or chemistry preferred. 3 years of professional experience, of which at least 1 year in catalysis, is preferred.
- You have a profound understanding of technical, commercial, operational and financial elements of the automotive catalyst business. Experience within Automotive Catalyst development is preferred.
- Excellent English language skills are required, good communication skills in German are an asset.
- You have Project Management skills.
- Outstanding creativity, high social competence and ability to analyze complex problems are required.
- You have excellent communication abilities – internal and external, intercultural abilities, and are able to write and explain convincingly in an engaging and expressive manner.
- You can establish good relationships with leadership team and staff even in virtual and intercultural teams.
- You bring decisiveness and high pressure resilience.
- Strategic, tactical and financial thinking are a strength.