Operations Technician I (Catoosa, OK) Template
United States, Catoosa
Precious Metals Chemistry
Operations Technician I (Catoosa, OK)
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Precious Metals Chemistry USA, LLC is currently seeking an Operations Technician I in our PMC business unit, located at our Catoosa, OK facility.
About Umicore … As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage…To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com .
About Precious Metals Chemistry
We develop, scale-up, manufacture, and globally market & sell Precious Metal-based Catalysts for use in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical, and industrial chemical industries. The key to our success is understanding customer-specific applications which enables us to translate ideas into chemistry solutions that work well in our customers’ processes. We find new ways to do things by discovering new solutions and developing new ideas. Which is where you come in.
External Job Description
What You Will Be Doing
- Produce organic or inorganic chemical product.
- Execute batch processes with all supporting working documents (batch records, checklists, worksheets, etc.).
- Perform simple maintenance on machinery and equipment.
- Operate the partial PLC controlled production and other ancillary units for manufacturing or packaging.
- Complete production documentation as directed.
- Package for shipment product by DOT and HAZMAT requirements.
- Maintain the facility’s cleanliness.
Who We Are Looking For
Education & Technical Background
- Preferred Education: Completed chemical/technical vocation training. Required Education: High School Diploma.
- Preferred Experience: 2 years of Chemical Operator experience or equivalent.
- Additional experience a plus: Basic working knowledge of DOT shipping practices, Lean Manufacturing, and Visual Workplace methods.
- Working knowledge with PC, Office, ERP systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow given instructions and procedures
- Desire and demonstrated ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding and operating of automated systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Desires to maintain a safe, clean working environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Willingly accepts and performs special assignments
- Required to obtain a forklift license
What We Offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Diane Hammons at email@example.com or by calling Umicore Human Resources at (918) 266-8078.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.