Procurement Representative (La Vergne, TN)
United States, La Vergne
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Internal Job Description
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry, and metallurgy makes a real difference. Our activities are centered on three business areas: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies, and Recycling, and each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. To learn more, visit us at [www.umicore.com](http://www.umicore.com).
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore is currently seeking a Procurement Representative at our Palm Commodities International, LLC facility in LaVergne, TN.
Purpose of the Job
The primary purpose of the position is to purchase materials and services that support plant maintenance, the quality control laboratory, office needs, and other assigned areas. The position will align tasks with internal departments to ensure the necessary supply of materials to meet schedule demands and budgetary requirements.
Primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhering to purchasing strategies to maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders, including verification of specifications, price, and appropriate level of approvals.
- Coordinating with internal departments to resolve pricing discrepancies and/or product availability issues.
- Obtaining quotes, prices, and specifications from suppliers.
- Contacting suppliers to resolve any shipment-related problems to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Communicating regularly with shipping and receiving personnel regarding incoming shipments, damages, and receiving issues.
- Maintaining supplier contacts, contracts, and related purchasing files.
- Setting up new suppliers and obtaining necessary documentation.
- Handling DEA Import/Export Declarations.
- Managing the company’s wireless contract and phones, including but not limited to distribution and updates of cellular phones, providing guidance and training to personnel as needed, reconciling the monthly bill, and resolving issues.
- Managing the department's ISO documentation, including supplier corrective action requests, tracking, and followup.
- Assisting and supporting the Purchasing Manager with daily projects and business needs.
- Other duties as needed.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Minimum of an Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school, or two to three years of office experience.
Purchasing experience is desired.
Must have strong PC skills with the ability to learn new software quickly.
We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter who is dependable and able to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as good judgment and ethics, are required.
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Persons with Disabilities, and Veterans (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf).
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Palm Human Resources at email@example.com.
Palm is a TN Drug-Free Workplace.