Product Management Engineer (Auburn Hills, MI)
United States, Auburn Hills_ USA
Product Management, Applied Technology, Engineering
External Job Description
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Autocat USA Inc is currently seeking a Product Management Engineer Heavy Duty Diesel- North America in our Automotive Catalysts business unit, located at our Auburn Hills, MI facility.
About us… Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling company currently employing over 10,000 employees, with industrial operations on all continents and serving a global customer base. We focus on application areas where our expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Our activities are centered on three business areas: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies, and Recycling, and each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. To learn more, visit us at www.umicore.com and www.automotivecatalysts.com .
Technical Responsibility (70%):
- Guide the technical discussions with the customers, jointly with the responsible Senior
- Manager/Manager in Customer Support.
- Manage generic product and system development programs in close cooperation with the
- Customer Support Team and AC-RT (Research & Technology).
- Effective communication of customer and competitor information and status within AC-PM (Product Management).
- Identify competing technologies to our catalysts and develop counter proposals together with the relevant functions.
- Provide technical support for a) component and system modeling b) sample recommendations (technology and sizing) and c) presentations.
- Balance jointly with Product Development and Customer Service, priorities of experimental projects and adjust as appropriately to meet the needs of various internal and external customer objectives.
- Ensure technical center is MICR compliant; follow Internal Control directives.
- May be assigned other duties as needed, based on facility needs.
Commercial and Strategic Responsibility (30%):
- Based on market requirements and future power train technology developments this position supports the Senior Manager Regional in developing long-term global technology strategy and priorities.
- Provide recommendations for the optimization of the productivity and efficiency of the test programs (budget used vs. potential size of business).
- Customer interface with the technical community to position Umicore and to gain insight into their current and future product and emission system needs and planning. This includes a clear understanding of their development and testing requirements (engine as well as chassis).
Purpose of the Job
The Product Management Engineer Heavy Duty Diesel- North America is responsible for providing technical support to customer(s) for the purpose of promoting the use and purchase of new products to meet AC´s growth and profit goals.
Education & Experience
Education & Technical Background
- Education- B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Science fields
- Basic understanding of technical, commercial, operational and financial elements of the automotive catalyst business is required. Experience within Automotive Catalyst preferred.
- Organizational, Prioritization and Project Management Skills are needed.
- 1-2 years minimum experience in research and/or development of catalysts or 2-3 years minimum experience in automotive industry.
- Fluent in English
- Good analytical capabilities; problem solving skills; teamwork; program/project coordination.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated knowledge of Windows Operating System (Windows 7/10); Excel; Microsoft Word; PowerPoint; and Access.
- Possess demonstrated and proven customer support skills; hands-on experience with development and testing of emission control systems; and/or experience with engine calibration to meet regulated emissions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to develop effective internal and external presentations.
- Self-driven person with demonstrated ability to work well in a team. Must be able to guide selection of catalyst technologies to help meet customers’ needs and generate ideas, strategies and conclusions to support customers with minimal supervision.
- Keep abreast of new technologies through personal readings; training seminars; and participation in public conferences and meetings (such as SAE, MECA etc.)
- Regional / global knowledge of automotive industry practices (tiered supply chain, for example)
- Culturally sensitive
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Marcie Lemieux at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (248) 292-2248.