Purchasing Manager (Shanghai & Guangzhou, China)
Umicore Marketing Services
Internal Job Description
The job holder will implement the supply, purchase and complete follow up of Lithium, Manganese and Nickel, so as to achieve the commercial objectives in terms of orders, turnover and profitability.
- Collect / Explore relevant supplier data in order to map the China suppliers landscape
- Assist in supplier selection process based on business critical criteria and present these to management
- Negotiate optimum commercial terms (considering total cost) with the selected and preferred suppliers for spot and long term contracts
- Manage the negotiated contracts and supplier relations together with all internal customers
- Ensure the daily follow up of orders, shipments, deliveries, stocks, etc together with the rest of the Supply EST purchase team
- Participate in new projects and developments
- Build up technical knowledge of the flow sheets in order to become a partner of your internal clients
- Other activities that may be required by management from time to time
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a purchasing function
- Experience in metal purchasing is an added consideration
- Strong commercial acumen, like to take initiative and have good analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and have the ability to deal with all level of business partners
- Able to work independently
- Able to translate business requirements into appropriate business work flows. A good understanding of account related work flows is a plus.
- Able to travel on a frequent basis
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Team Player
- People manager
- Result driven