RBM Production Manager Precursor (Cheonan, South Korea / Jiangmen, China)
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Umicore’s RBM Business Unit is a fast growing unit, expanding its operational activities year on year in various countries. In order to support this growth the function of production will play an important role in managing the daily activities of production department but also supporting the realization of the departmental and site operational strategies, objectives and targets as part of the global operational system for excellence.
Purpose of the job
The Production Manager Precursor manages the production activities of the precursor plant to produce rechargeable battery precursor material within budget and cost price, in the volumes ordered by the customer, in the right stable quality, while following EHS rules and assuring people satisfaction in his/her department.
- Define the yearly production OPEX budget. Regular follow up of the cost price while setting, following up and realizing ambitious cost saving targets. Set forward yearly priorities for the CAPEX investments in the leaching & precursor production.
- Regularly review the short term planning and update the long term production planning in accordance with the customer forecast, as well as the raw materials and sub materials planning.
- Responsible to calculate and set optimal mix of raw material input in view of process ability, production throughput, quality and cost of the precursor process and able to give the optimal raw material type and quality needs towards the supply team. This with the support of the Precursor PT manager.
- Continuously follow up the production performance: product quality, process stability, OEE,…; standardize the production conditions, stimulate continuous improvement (lean, 5S, QCC, 6 sigma projects,…).
- Execute the production part of the BU’s Operational Excellence strategy by setting, following up and communicating objectives and KPI’s in the department.
- Implement the ACE strategy in the production department by taking the lead to continuously improve the department’s safety performance, with a special attention to the PSM requirements and to reduce the workers exposure to dust and the overall environmental impact of the UMK production plant.
- Organize the work in the production department. Assure development and retention of people at all levels with a specific focus on development of the key people within the production department, emphasizing on developing self-sufficient teams.
- Min BSc with 5 - 10 years’ experience in an operational environment, dealing with wet chemical and dry powder processes
- Technical skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of hydro metallurgical processes, specifically for battery materials.
- Knowledge of operations management (planning, production systems, 5S, Kaizen,…)
- Basic knowledge of product cost calculation
- Basic knowledge of Q, E and S management systems (ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO 14000, OSHAS 18001)
- Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access, Word and Sharepoint)
- Basic knowledge of statistical tools (6 sigma).
- Firm knowledge of process safety requirements
- Managerial skills:
- Good written and spoken English communication
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation
- Ability to organize and coach his team and to organize project teams
- Control and manage projects by means of PX methodology
Purpose of the Job
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to define needs and promote change
- Analytical thinking, problem solving ability.
- Self-motivation, reasonable, opened mind, organization skills and adaptability to change team spirit.
- Positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment