RBM R&D Project Leader Strategic Innovation Team (Cheonan, South Korea)
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
“RBM-R&D Project Leader Strategic Innovation Team (Cheonan, South Korea)”
Purpose of the Job / Summary
This position heads a small research team and performs prospective research projects in the area of cathode materials for rechargeable Li-ion batteries. He/she will efficiently direct the research activities and organize/design standard as well as innovative experiments. The job holder reports to the Head of Strategic Innovation Team.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Works in a team focusing on strategic innovation projects in the field of cathode materials for Lithium-Ion batteries.
These projects include:
- materials design, synthesis and testing
- characterization of the new materials using various analysis methods
- develop and implement new experimental routes and analysis methods
- create and implement tools for efficient data management of experimental results
Prepares the projects which have been entrusted and leads their implementation.
Be responsible for the results and timing of assigned projects.
Writes patent applications and technical reports, prepare and present the results in internal or external meetings.
Coordinates R&D activities with other R&D teams within Umicore as well as with external partners like universities or research institutes.
This function will be supported by a small team of researcher(s) and technician(s)
Experience in the battery industry is a plus but not a mandatory.
- self-motivated approach towards R&D
- "hands-on" approach (ability to set-up and maintain experimental equipment)
- computer skills (fx. Excel, MS access, ...)
- interest in IT and programming skills (fx. VB, access/SQL) is a very strong asset
- data mining, interpretation, visualization and reporting skills
- basic command of English both written and spoken
- good knowledge of Korean (or Chinese) language is a plus
- outstanding creativity and able to work independently and solve problems
- analytical mind and scientific curiosity
- efficient communication in an international environment
- ability to lead a small project team
- Background in materials (preferable inorganic) chemistry and/or physics
- Master degree or higher in physics, chemistry, materials engineering
- PhD and/or experience in Li-ion battery industry will be a plus