Sales Manager Catalysts
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Sales & Marketing
For its business unit Umicore Speciality Materials Brugge (USMB) located in Bruges, Umicore is currently looking for a
Sales Manager Catalysts
You manage the day-to-day operational sales and strategy of USMB’s product portfolio with a strong focus on catalysts applications. You develop and optimize this growing business further by means of direct sales with key accounts, the distribution channel and Umicore Marketing Services offices.
- You prepare quotations, negotiate sales contracts and translate your expertise into an advisory role in relationship with the customer
- You actively participate in the implementation of the commercial strategy and contribute to the global catalyst business growth through direct customers and the distribution channel
- You are responsible for prospection of the market; identify new business opportunities and sale price policy within your assigned business domain.
- You report on a regular and structural basis with precise and complete visit reports including action plan.
- You coach the distribution partners and Umicore Marketing Services colleagues
- You provide R&D, engineering & production with relevant market info, trends and customer requirements
- Within the framework set out, you arrange and follow up together with your colleagues sales managers the daily back office work, maintain contacts with accounting, R&D, laboratories and other support services in order to assure an optimal service towards the customer.
- Strong presence in the field through regular visits and project follow-ups. You attend conferences and you actively build your network.
- You have a master degree level preferably in chemistry and several years of relevant working experience in an industrial environment.
- You show broad commercial skills with the ability to make accurate analyses.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and French, while German is a valuable asset.
- You are an excellent communicator who can work autonomously, provide open and transparent feedback and take decisions.
- You are result driven, committed to deliver and persistent in achieving your goals.
- You show a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You have excellent convincing and presentation skills
- You have an innovative & creative approach when dealing with changing market conditions and opportunities.
- You are hands-on and stress resistant.
- You are prepared to travel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP systems is a plus.