Sales Support & Risk Manager CSM
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
Sales & Marketing
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are organised in three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling. Each business group is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life.
The Umicore Group has industrial operations on all continents and serves a global customer base; it generated a turnover of € 11.1 billion (€ 2.7 billion excluding metal) in 2016 and currently employs 9,900 people
Umicore is looking for a Sales Support & Risk Manager CSM to support its Brussels Office. Within the commercial team of CSM, you will be responsible for a dynamic market follow-up within the commercial environment of the Business Unit Cobalt & Specialty Materials. You will support the global commercial team creating value out of data (SAP, Qlicksense, CRM, …), and are in charge of the day to day management of metals, mainly LME hedging of metals used at CSM.
- You collect information on sales and deliveries, using the existing toolbox (SAP, Qliksense, CRM, …) to:
- create or maintain reporting to ensure dynamic follow up of the sales and market segments
- compare the data with 3rd party import/export stats to assess market share and competitive watch
- use the data for transfer pricing reports, to support the transfer pricing team of the corporate tax department
- collect information from various CSM sources to enhance visibility on the financial performance of our product flows across the CSM value chain
- You assist the commercial team in Brussels to introduce ‘Sales Force’ CRM tool and guide further roll out over different teams in all CSM subsidiaries
- You are in charge of Nickel, Copper & Zinc hedging:
- follow up positions on LME on a daily basis (for all relevant metals and perimeters)
- assess potential risks and advise on actions to minimize risks
- bi-weekly reporting on position & suggestions to optimize
- follow-up the metal exposure of the entities
- monitor the market conditions and maintain the price tables in IT Metals
- enter hedging transactions with external brokers (paper metal contracts)
- report on the structure of the hedging books based on underlying commercial commitments and market opportunities (optimization)
- You have a master degree in economics or commercial sciences with a few years of relevant experience in finance.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and French.
- You have excellent analytical skills.
- You are creative in proposing different solutions/options, while adhering to policies and procedures.
- You are able to diligently follow-up daily (repetitive) tasks.
- You have strong communication skills, can present frequent reporting in a structured and transparent way.
- Flexible as you are, you adapt quickly to changing market conditions.
- You walk the extra mile when needed.