Technical Manager SAP BC
Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are organised in three business groups: Catalysis, Energy & Surface Technologies and Recycling. Each business group is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life.
Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life.
The Umicore Group has industrial operations on all continents and serves a global customer base; it generated a turnover of € 11.1 billion (€ 2.7 billion excluding metal) in 2016 and currently employs 9,900 people.
In this function you will be responsible for the planning and realization of SAP Basis team, involving and liaising with the development and application teams to understand the identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, scope and quality. You ensure the smooth sailing of these projects from start to finish.
You will be involved in the daily SAP Basis operations, to ensure the operational goals while implementing new projects, and ensure the hand-over to (external) the support organization.
You will assist the technical team, in reporting and automating the daily operations.
- You take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of SAP BC projects & operational tasks.
- You identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the technical SAP working.
- You ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained by the technical SAP BC and provide regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- You ensure Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- You manage the change control procedure, and ensure that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- You provide effective leadership to the SAP project & support team, and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- You assist in transition the SAP Basis services to a managed service model.
- You assist in guaranteeing quality through monitoring and reporting on KPI’s for availability and performance of the SAP Basis Infrastructure
- You assist your management in the relation with the external vendors
- You have a degree in information technology, applied computer science, or related field.
- You have minimum 10 years of profound experience in managing SAP Infrastructure components (OS,DB, servers) and SAP Upgrades, preferable be knowledgeable in Netweaver and SAP functionality.
- You have at least 5 years SAP BC Team Lead experience.
- You are capable to review the team workload and determine- and set priorities of your team.
- You have a solid experience in project management.
- You’re a people motivator.
- You’re a good communicator; create communication plans for the projects with stakeholders, project committee, capable to manage and steer the project meetings in a proper manner
- You’re capable to set the right priorities to focus to deliver in time.
- You’re flexible in working hours and willing to travel.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You are willing and able to implement change.
- You focus on quality and innovation, with a main concern for customer satisfaction.
- You are familiar with supplier relationship.