29 March 2013
Umicore’s Annual Report 2012 now online
Today Umicore published its Annual Report for 2012. The report offers a fully integrated view of Umicore’s economic, environmental and social performance and focuses on those areas that are really material to its business. An online reporting centre enables readers to create their own customized report and offers additional functionality such as video case studies and data downloads.
Key performance aspects in 2012 were:
- The second best ever financial performance for Umicore despite a challenging economic climate.
- Significant new investments in strategic growth areas.
- In 2012, 85% of Umicore’s sites had no lost time accidents and Umicore registered an overall improvement in safety performance.
- CO2 emissions increased largely due to changes in the energy mix from electricity suppliers.
- The impact of metal emissions to air and water were down 37% and 44% respectively compared to the reference year of 2009.
- Umicore’s business units made further progress in implementing the company’s sustainable procurement charter.
- Umicore was recognised as one of the top employers in Belgium, France and Germany and continued its people development efforts worldwide.
- Community investment remained at € 1.8 million, the same level as in 2011.
You can find out more through the on-line case studies at: http://www.umicore.com/reporting/Home/CaseStudies/
To visit the online reporting centre visit http://www.umicore.com/reporting. English, French and Dutch versions of the report can be accessed in the reporting centre and can be downloaded in a pdf format.