Accountant for Supplier Invoices Hoboken
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who van build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
In the Finance Shared Service Center (SHARE Finance), the Purchase-to-Pay team is responsible for the correct and timely processing of supplier invoices for various companies in Belgium, Germany, Denmark, France and Poland. We wish to strengthen our team in Brussels and are looking for an Accounts payable accountant.
You will report to the Purchase-to-Pay team lead and will be involved in the following tasks:
- Controlling and executing payment requests through the workflow in the SAP system
- Controlling that the invoices have been issued in accordance with the legal obligations and that the VAT has been correctly applied
- Controlling the content of the invoices and align them with the information in the various SAP systems: e.g. purchase orders, valuations, pre-invoicing, etc.
- Responsible for the coding of invoices on the correct cost centers and general ledger accounts.
- Monitor and follow up of the invoices to ensure that they are correctly approved and paid on time
- Follow up of the supplier accounts; the payment reminders and investigate and solve issues to ensure that all invoices are paid in time
- Act as the first point of contact in case of questions from suppliers, the outsourcing team, the BU Controlling teams and the Purchasing and Transport department.
- Ensure quality of services provided by the outsourcing company based on KPIs and controls.
- Process supplier invoices related to the raw material flows
- Provide support on the month end closing tasks related to Purchase-to-Pay and the preparation of management reports.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for employees who pursue sustainable development for themselves and for our company. You watch over safety, meet agreements, comply with our values and standards and act with respect for people and the environment. You like to work accurately and punctually. You are open to work in a fast changing environment.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting. A first experience in a similar position in an international environment is a plus
- You have a good knowledge of general and analytical accounting and a good knowledge of VAT legislation.
- You speak fluently Dutch or French
- You have good oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of German is an asset
- You are IT minded and can work with MS Office. Experience with SAP is an asset.
- You are a team player but can also work independently
- You are accurate in performing various tasks
- You have good organizational and administrative skills, you are flexible, you offer a good service and you are stress resistant.
- You have a sense of responsibility when handling confidential data
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF WE CAN BECOME A WORLD LEADER IN RECYCLING AND CLEAN MOBILITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?