Analytical Competence Center Manager
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Process & Product Development, Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The ACC Manager manages the development of analysis and equipment standard operation procedures (SOP) following a project approach and assures their transfer to the different site laboratories. The person is also expected to works on the continuous improvement and standardization of methods and equipment. Additionally he/she will participate in the TFTs set up to resolve customer complaints (VOCs) and provide technical expertise for measuring and interpreting the data.
- Be the single point of contact for the site regarding analytic development requests
- Lead the development and improvement of analytical methods, equipment operation procedures and work flows, following a project approach
- Support global alignment and optimization projects by managing sub-projects for the optimization and standardization of analytical SOPs, in preparation of new production sites and new products
- Transfer the general and operational procedures to the RBM laboratories to maintain a high level of convergence between the different sites
- Organize, when requested, specific correlation events (like round robin checks) between different laboratories (internal and external)
- Support other departments in analytically related topics; for example, but not limited to, process problem solving, material qualification and specification discussions
- Manage ad-hoc analysis projects with relevant departments and provide technical expertise to solve customer complaints (VOC), both internally and externally
- Improve and coach data management and accurate reporting of analytical results
- Perform technology scouting, to remain in line with the emerging analytical needs for new processes and new products. Expand the analytical knowledge and expertise by collaboration with other labs, institutes, vendors… by visiting specific fairs, seminars, trainings… and make sure that the knowledge is documented.
- Cooperate with other departments to set up specific sampling protocols, that deliver reliable representative samples for the laboratory
Who we are looking for
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, understanding of statistical methods
- Computer literacy (scientific software, Excel, Access and Word)
- With analytical mindset and technical curiosity
- Self-motivated, energetic and able to work with a multicultural team
- Able to work with diverse interfaces in multi-dpt. task forces and in a matrix structure
- Leadership skills to ensure successful projects
- PhD or Master in Chemistry with about 5 years of working experience in analytical and characterization techniques
- Korean language, Fluent in English (spoken and written) is a must
- Technical coaching abilities
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can boost the range of e-cars, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO