Analytics and Data Platform Manager
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Umicore is developing a modern data platform in order to maximize business insight and utilize data for added value digital initiatives at Umicore Group and Business Unit level.
This position is to act as analytics platform architect (technical) and develop an overall data governance approach & guidance.
Your detailed responsibilities :
- You participate as data architect, technical project lead, coach and/or team member in analytics or digitalization projects
- You establish and maintain a data governance policy, data management standards and procedures
- You support the Business units in establishing BU governance processes, organization and knowledge build
- You maintain and govern the Umicore overall modern data platform. You evaluate new requests, assess market evolution, govern deployment and monitoring of the defined architecture
- You communicate and disseminate data related digital initiatives and leverage good practices across the group. You report on data usage and analytics
- You coach the junior BI Analyst and support him/her in the development tasks
- You work in close collaboration with Business leads, project managers, business key users and the different involved IT teams.
You report hierarchically to the Umicore IS BI lead with functional steering by the VP Digitalization for the data management related responsibilities.
Location will be Brussels. Occasional travel to other Umicore sites (national & international) will be required.
- You hold a master in information technology sciences, mathematics or economy, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- You have a sincere and proven interest in the area of Data Management (DAMA CDMP certification) Business Intelligence, ETL development and Data Warehousing
- You can rely on technical knowledge in the following
- Data visualization: Qlik Sense and/or Power BI
- Data warehouse: Microsoft SQL Server
- ETL: TimeXtender (or other)
- You have a mature, assertive and dynamic personality, with excellent interpersonal skills
- You are a team player with strong communication skills and with a collaborative spirit
- You are customer oriented, result driven & focused on delivering quality
- Analytical skills, able to lead complex files and related teams
- Interest in and exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology
- Good internal and external networking skills
- You are fluent in English and either Dutch or French. German is a plus
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?