Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 01-07-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Development/introduction of an automation system customized for the operational process
- Maintaining and solving PLC (programmable logic controller) issue during the project construction, as well as management of subcontractors regarding PLC/HMI's (human machine interface)
- Planning of PI(Osisoft) implementation during the project and planning structures in the PLC for MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Approve PLC Model and peripherials selection for Sub-Contractors and taking part in vendor evaluation and technical communication
- Cooperation with the Process Control Dept. to add improvements to the process,
- Maintaining and updating relative drawings for handing them over
- Co-working with IT responsible to setup a soft- and hardware system which matches up the requirements
- Supporting the equipment upgrading project and optimization of improvement proposals
- Participating Nysa ROCE (RBM Operational Concept for Excellence) events, e.g. ACE/STOP card, 5S, PSM,
Who we are looking for
Education: BSc. in automation, electrical or computer engineering with 3+ years working experience after college education in configuring and troubleshooting PLC/DCS systems in a manufacturing/chemical processing company
- Experience with PLC, WINCC and field bus technology
- Experience with MS-SQL and PI system is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of chemistry and industrial engineering
- Good written and spoken Polish and English communication
- Ability to identify, define and solve problems
- Ability to define needs and promote change
- Analytical thinking, problem solving ability
- Self-motivation, reasonable, opened minded
- Positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?