United States, Raleigh (UM USA inc.)
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Benefits - USA (Health & Welfare & Retirement)
- Manage the delivery of legally compliant, cost effective and appropriate health & welfare and retirement programs for US employees
- Coordinate all benefits in accordance with local needs and practices
- Work closely with administrators and insurance carriers
- Track benefit costs, claims and other benefits related data and report to the US Benefits Committee
- Ensure integrity of enrollment data for vendor feeds; prepare reports and cost breakdowns for monthly billing
- Lead the annual benefits open enrollment process
- Administer all disability programs.Conduct regular audits of contributions to our benefit plans, including 401(k), flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, etc.
- Ensure compliance of the 401(k) plan, identify improvements to plan administration.
- Manage the non-qualified, deferred compensation retirement plan
Benefits - Canada
- Provide guidance and support to all Canadian sites on H&W as well as retirement programs, including evaluation of broker/TPA services.
- Provide technical expertise for all benefit plans, processes and administration.
- Lead quarterly Workers’ Compensation claims review with carrier and insurance broker.
- Administer, update and distribute the US Workers’ Compensation program
- Manage the US service and awards program.
- Participate as a member of the North American Hay Committee.
- Support the North American Benefits Committee
- Maintain up to date knowledge of benefit laws.
- Make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies.
Education & Technical Background
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in related field
- 5-7 years progressive benefits experience
- Professional certification (PHR, SHRM-CP or CEBS) preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of HRIS (SAP) a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal with the demonstrated ability to communicate at various levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team oriented environment
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task; very detail oriented; comfortable working within strict deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position contact Denise Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.