Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About support functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who van build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Umicore NV is seeking an accountant to complement our Belgian Legal entity accounting team (LAC) in the Share Department (Accounting Shared Service Centre). The LAC team is responsible for the maintenance of the accounting records (local GAAP & IFRS) for, in particular, a number of Belgian entities, which entails, amongst others, the preparation of the financial reports such as group reporting, statutory annual account, statistics, … for the internal (business units, Group Control) and external stakeholders, and this in collaboration with the various other corporate departments.
Are you an enthusiastic and enterprising individual who has acquired broad experience within the accounting profession? If so, then you may be the accountant we are seeking to join our team!
- collect, register, analyse, and verify the accounting records of one or more legal entities;
- check and reconcile the intercompany transactions amongst the various legal entities and Business units.
- be the contact person for the follow-up of the fixed assets.
- prepare internal (IFRS) and external (local GAAP) reports.
- independently and proactively verify and optimise the operational management within your domain and/or legal entity.
- assist the LAC Manager in drawing up the planning of closures and reporting processes.
- monitor compliance with the legislative accounting standards, directives and regulations within the organisation, inclusive of the updating of the process and control documentation.
- get proactively involved in the development and elaboration of major new projects or changes and ensure that this be conducted in keeping with the expectations of the various stakeholders.
- assume final responsibility for the timely and correct preparation and deposit of the annual account and the assigned economic and financial statistics to the NBB.
Who we are looking for
- A Bachelor diploma or equivalent practical experience.
- A thorough and intensive knowledge of, particularly, the Belgian accounting rules and a basic understanding of IFRS.
- An understanding of working with SAP and Office applications.
- Knowledge of Dutch, French, and English (spoken/written).
- A good knowledge of the multiple processes and systems within the framework of the accounting processing and generation of financial reports
- Knowledge of the structure and the internal procedures within an organisation
- An individual able to organise activities in an independent manner, taking into due account the diverse and varying planning processes and deadlines.
- An individual able to deliver high quality work (structured and with an eye for detail) and who submits suggestions for the improvement of processes.
- An individual who respects confidentiality and professional ethics, internal and legal procedures, and who honours rules and agreements.
- A team player who offers full support to his or her colleagues and with them searches for solutions to complex problems.
- An individual with broad and in-depth knowledge in the area of accounting standards and imbued with enthusiasm to broaden his or her knowledge.
- An individual with a great sense of responsibility and duty. You are committed to personally assume your responsibilities and achieve excellent results.
- Decisive, a go-getter. You like clarity and have great insight into, and empathy with, your work environment.
- Attentive and persuasive.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF WE CAN BECOME A WORLD LEADER IN RECYCLING AND CLEAN MOBILITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?