China, Guangzhou - RHQ
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You are expected to be the expert in the domain of SAP Materials Management and Sales Distribution (both integrated with metal solution) in Umicore subsidiaries in different APAC countries.
- SAP Implementation & Enhancement Projects
- Analyze company as-is processes and propose organizational changes
- Help key users migrate old data to new system
- Support key users test system and realize system acceptance
- Assist key users with writing documentation and keep up-to-date
- Implement and monitor authorizations in system to protect sensitive and critical data/processes
- Keep project manager(s) informed about project progress and issues
- Optimize running SAP application in a more efficient way
- Analyze and identify organization process improvement & best practice areas
- Organize post implementation reviews and training sessions
- Implement additional functionalities (optimization and retrofitting)
- Stimulate continuous improvement through benchmarking
- Support from a functional & configuration point of view the SAP application
- Follow up and resolve support cases, logged via support portal
- Support Key/End Users in their daily job
- Write functional specifications for new approved Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms and Workflow (RICEFWs)
- Write test scenarios
- Perform functional testing
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent experience in IT technology.
- 8 years of experience or above, with at least 5 proven project life cycles as external consultant and internal consultant.
- In-depth knowledge of the Materials Management and Sales Distribution (functional and technical side), Microsoft office.
- Knowledge and experience with robotics application (UI Path) and technology awareness are a plus.
- Knowledge of Asian localizations is an asset.
- Excellent command and fluency in English.
- Cantonese is a plus.
- Able to engage different stakeholders.
- Proficient communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and synthetic skills.
- Change management skills
- Result orientated, customer focused
- Resistant to stress and coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Team player.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?