Business Consultant SAP IM/WM/EWM
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Information Systems
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The SAP team member will be proficient in their domain, SAP Inventory Management, SAP Warehouse Management and SAP Extended Warehouse Management, from a functional and configuration point of view. Within their area of responsibilities, the team member will keep the Head of Business Applications informed about their activities :
- AP Implementation & Enhancement Projects in Umicore
- Analyse the as-is processes of the company
- Act as template keeper during projects: protect and enforce the template and contribute to template development based on gained experience from roll out projects
- Help key users migrate the old data to the new system
- Ensure common rules and data are respected
- Propose and develop, where necessary, solutions to gaps
- Transfer to the key users the necessary knowledge to use the application in a correct manner
- Help the key users to test the system and to realise system acceptance
- Implement and monitor the authorisations in the system so that sensitive and critical data/processes are protected.
- Keep the project manager(s) informed about project progress and issues
- Perform functional testing
- Provide expertise to the SAP Support team where needed
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent by experience in IT technology
- In-depth knowledge of the SAP Inventory Management, Warehouse Management and Extended Warehouse Management (functional and technical side) modules
- Knowledge and experience with IT hardware used in warehousing and technology awareness are a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience or above, with at least 2 proven project life cycles.
- Microsoft office.
- Excellent command and fluency in English. Other languages are a plus
- Analyse business processes and translate in technical terms the functional description.
- Work in an international / multi-cultural environment, with different personnel profiles and managing different priorities simultaneously.
- Manage changes in working methods, processes and tools
- Willingness to travel internationally: 30 to 40%
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO