Business Process & IT Manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The main responsibilities of the function can be described as following:
• Act as a key coordinator (local single point of contact) between business (local key users, global domain owners and BP&IT colleagues) and IT by gathering business requirements, coordinate the implementation in the systems and testing by key-users of RBMP
• Thanks to full understanding of the business processes and the translation of those processes into system specifications and system set-up, proper timely training is organized and provided by BP&IT team. Since RBMP is a greenfield, extra support training effort will be required during the start up, qualification, mass production preparation and of ongoing process/system related changes. Ensure that business (key users) knowledge on processes and systems can be safeguarded, so that at mass production, key users are well trained, have a complete understanding of their responsibilities in the different systems. Contribute to the training manuals and systems (COP, LIMS, PI, EWM, Sharepoint,..) documentation. Since the plant is a greenfield an capacity increase will be expected in the coming years, an increasing number of new key users, changes in the physical plant set-up, integration with new buildings and production process will be anticipated for some more years. The key responsibility of the BP&IT manager is to guarantee that new key users (support to end users) will be trained and to safeguard that the different systems are following the new business processes.
• Provide functional expertise and leadership in assuring that the business processes and system requirements are still aligned and are not deviating (safeguarding of alignment between business process and system requirements). In case changes will have to be made to the system, the RBMP BP&IT manager will have to understand clearly the business requirements, map those with the system template and coordinate the change together with Corporate IT team. Organizing testing sessions with key users and ensuring that the organization is trained accordingly will be key.
• As the key local contact for the RBMP entity on BP&IT related topics, provide assistance, ownership and support to the business (as their main contact point) in solving their issues, concerns and questions raised in the different systems. In case a technical issue is found, reach out to the Corporate IT support team to solve the issue or to start the existing SAP change request process. Follow-up on the change from the start till the implementation with corporate IT and the key users.
• Guarantee that the RBM specific rules on data governance (data confidentiality and data security) are being applied to and act as the expert for the system security and access rights.
Who we are looking for
• Master’s degree in information technology, finance, applied computer sciences or a related field with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with SAP (more specific EWM, LIMS,…) is a plus
• Clear knowledge of business processes and translation of those processes in to a system
• Must possess business knowledge, strong analytical, clear understanding of priority setting, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Good understanding of financial, commercial and operational flows and interactions between different entities and teams
• Previous experience in blueprinting, developing business requirements, testing and realization to develop configuration templates is a plus.
• Fluent in English and Polish
• Strong coordination and communication skills, particularly the organization and oral presentation of analytically complex information (ability to present processes and system solutions in a clear, structured and simple way to key-users and towards Corporate IT)
• Cross-functional process integration experience
• Well organized, initiative-driven, self-motivated personality
• Strives for excellence in all business related activities
• Leadership skills
• Proven people management skills
• Fast learner & communicator
• Run the extra mile
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?