Compensation & Benefits Manager Western and Southern Europe
Posted on 08-12-2021
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Support Functions
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Manager Compensation & Benefits W&S Europe, you manage, coordinate and develop compensation, benefits and grading related processes and procedures for non-managers & managers up to VP level in the region. This all in line with the overall HR strategy and vision and in compliance with applicable CLA’s, laws and regulations.
You also manage 8 team members located in 3 different sites, and you report to the head of HR Centre Compensation, Benefits and Payroll (HRC CBP)
Specifically, this will include:
- You manage all C&B aspects (contracts, SAP registration,…) for all employees in the region Western & Southern Europe related to hiring, promotion, (early) retirement, demotion, dismissal, transfers, salary review, VC, consulting agreements, part time working schedules, premiums & allowances, company cars,…
- You implement, manage and update compensation & benefits related policies for non-managers and managers (variable compensation policy, office@ home, mobile phone, telework, company car, pension schemes,…).You formulate and advice on improvements in respect to all C&B policies.
- As a member of the Grading Committee, you plan, organize and monitor the grading operations for managers and ensure fairness of the process in compliance with the Hay methodology. You formulate and support with design and implementation of an adequate grading system for non-managers (blue and white collars) and ensure a correct implementation. You assure that all existing grading systems and processes are executed correctly and according the timings as foreseen in the CLA’s and you organise the secretarial function for the non-managers grading.
- You manage the 8 team members by being present at all Belgian sites and support them in their daily work.
- You participate at and conduct C&B surveys & benchmarks. You analyze the results, report trends and advice on improvements. You lead and/or take part in various C&B projects.
- You manage direct communication to all employees, line & BU managers by acting as a reliable contact person who advises about all C&B topics. You inform employees by using all communication tools (memo’s, intranet, info sessions,…) about changes in C&B related topics. You ensure that all information on HR Intranet is constantly updated in all languages so that all employees have access to relevant HR information.
- You build up an internal and external network in order to gather relevant C&B information so that all above responsibilities will be managed in a fair, market conform manner and in line with legislation.
Who we are looking for
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and prepared to tackle any challenges they face. As well as a Master Degree in Legal, Finance or HR, you should have minimum of 5 years of experience with C&B and grading practices. You have in depth knowledge of social and fiscal law and are familiar with SAP HR and Microsoft Office. You are fluent in Dutch, English and French.
You have high levels of motivation and initiative, strong team spirit and good planning and organizational skills.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Strong drive for results, efficient and focused on fast and qualitative client service.
- Accurate and consistent.
- High analytical capacity and a methodological approach.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and can cope with confidential information.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Enthusiast, positive and value driven.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my expertise can contribute to the circular economy, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?