Compliance Manager (Wickliffe, OH)
United States, Wickliffe
Cobalt & Specialty Materials
EHS/Quality, General Management
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, we are currently seeking a Compliance Manager at our Umicore Specialty Materials Recycling facility in Wickliffe, OH. This facility is part of Umicore's Cobalt & Specialty Materials business unit.
Mastering the cobalt value chain. Umicore's expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Umicore's materials are at the heart of products we use every day such as rechargeable batteries, tools, paint and tires. Our recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. To meet the demands of our customers, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions, and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Responsible for the site Environmental-Health and Safety requirements:
- Submit, obtain, and update appropriate permits, licenses, and authorizations to operate in compliance with regulatory requirements for the site's manufacturing and other operations
- Ensure accurate and timely data collection to complete EHS reports in compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, as well as company guidance notes for operational excellence
- Manage biomonitoring testing program and ensure appropriate protection measures are in place to maintain exposure of employees below defined limits
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures for safe operations. Develop, implement and monitor leading safety indicators
- Handle hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal, as well as environmental remediation if needed
- Maintain working relationships with governmental agencies and ensure all inspections are executed per regulation
Managing the Site Analytical Laboratory:
- Actively troubleshoot production or quality control issues
- Provide input into the department business plans, budgets and technical decisions
- Keep production statistics up-to-date and track production first pass yields
Responsible for the site ISO 9001/14001 Management System:
- Implement and Maintain ISO 9001 & 14001 Management System to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Conduct reviews with management team to discuss the site ISO objectives and maintain minutes of the reviews
- Input of consumption KPIs: compile data, input, maintain database
- Customer Audits
- Internal Audits
Responsible for the site Security Program:
- Ensure appropriate security measures are in place at the site
- Train employees on the site Security Program
Our success is based on individuals who are ready to make the most of their skills and tackle any challenges they face. The Education and Experience required for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and/or Environmental Sciences
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in the chemical or metal industry
We will also be looking for the following attributes in the ideal candidate:
- High level of ownership
- Interpret, apply, and comply with government regulations
- Proven experience in analytical instruments and methods - ie, ICP, titration, etc.
- Experience with ISO management system
- Analytical skills and accuracy in data recording
- Sets an environment of continuous improvement to ensure maximum results
- Balances immediate and long-term priorities
- Able to lead and motivate as well as maintaining a high morale among team members
- Showing empathy while being strict/demonstrate interest in developing others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too.
That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds.
As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. We offer a full-scale benefits plan, including health insurance, company paid life insurance, short & long term disability, dental insurance, vision insurance, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, voluntary critical illness and accident insurance, a 401K Plan with employer matching and profit-sharing eligibilty, and bonuses. We recognize 11 paid holidays per year and provide generous allowances for vacation and sick time. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or other status protected by law. If you need assistance applying for this position, please contact Umicore Human Resources at email@example.com or by calling (440)833-3000.