Continuous Improvement Engineer Substrates
Process & Product Development
Posted on 05-12-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Electro Optic Materials
Power in space. Vision at night. Coatings thinner than human hair. 3D sensing. Umicore EOM (Electro Optic Materials) is a world leader in material solutions for the space, optics and electronics sectors – enabling every day cutting-edge technologies that support the connectivity megatrend.
We continuously seek for new ways and innovative ideas to sustainably produce based on Germanium material solutions. Which is where you come in!
What you will be doing
Within our Substrates operating unit, we produce germanium wafers used for space photovoltaic applications, enabling people to connect anywhere in the world. We aim to deliver excellent germanium wafers by raising and maintaining consistently high quality in our production process. Your job is to coordinate and implement continuous improvement projects in production. We like to work together, so we have established an operational plan of our unit. We will join forces to achieve it!
We want you to challenge operational performance and achieve the unit's key performance indicators. You will achieve our goal on QEHS, customer requirements and operational excellence. Both at operational and administrative process level. Through inclusive teamwork, we strive higher.
With your nose for operational excellence, you will improve the sustainability of the production line. Meanwhile, you maintain operational flexibility to our customers worldwide.
Your key responsibilities:
- You oversee production technical performance with regard to product quality, process stability and equipment reliability and support production teams during out of control events.
- You lead cross-functional teams to implement and coordinate a wide range of continuous improvement projects following the lean 6sigma approach. You ensure that this approach is understood and adopted by the rest of the organization.
- Together with your peers, you translate parts of the operational plan into a roadmap and ensure roll-out on the production floor. You monitor progress against agreed milestones and targets.
- You contribute to the definition of budget and operational plan and also define and implement critical initiatives for the operational unit, ranging from continuous improvement, process and technology development to new investment programmes, supported by your peers.
- You are imbued with operational excellence and cultivate a culture of cost cutting on poor quality processes, equipment and people on the shop floor.
- You act as a liaison between R&D Substrates and Substrates Operations for collaborative projects and successful industrialisation studies of new processes and equipment.
- You maintain and develop the quality assurance system to ensure a culture of continuous improvement and change management according to internal quality procedures.
- You will contribute to the business line's strategic growth ambitions by participating in multidisciplinary task forces.
Who we are looking for
- You have at least 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of production processes and equipment used;
- You have a demonstrable understanding of chemistry and operational excellence (6sigma, Lean manufacturing, ...);
- You have demonstrable traces of data analysis for data-based decision-making.
- You are curious about digitalization and automation.
- You are a true team player with strong interpersonal relations and communication skills;
- You have strong analytical skills;
- You know how to manage and motivate a team;
- You have strong planning and organisational skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Als onze germaniumoplossingen kunnen helpen om energie op te wekken in de ruimte, WAT ZOU JIJ DAN KUNNEN DOEN