Data Scientist R&D
Research & Development, Information Technology
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Driving progress through research. Providing material solutions for the world’s most pressing challenges and anticipating the needs of our customers requires a high level of investment in research. Umicore’s Group Research capabilities focus on new materials and processes to address the megatrends of resource scarcity and clean mobility. The nature of research and development means that we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
This will be your challenge
- Together with your colleagues you will lead the data science innovation projects for the various departments in Umicore. This means among other things
- You are involved in converting a business demand into a project in which visualization and analysis of data play an important role.
- You supervise the collection of data and bring in ideas to make processes run more efficiently.
- You explore data using various tools to discover opportunities. You detect the right problems to be able to provide advice to the departments.
- You collect insights from different data sources, such as production data or text documents, using machine learning and artificial intelligence and report the results.
- You are involved in the supervision of data infrastructure and data management.
This is what we expect from you
- You have a master's degree in Mathematical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- You have good analytical skills to investigate problems efficiently and you are result-oriented.
- You have a good knowledge of applied statistics, predictive modelling, data mining and other quantitative methods.
- You are familiar with developing data-driven models and algorithms.
- You have experience with programming languages such as Python or R. Knowledge of databases is a plus.
- You are communicative and able to help and assist users with their questions.
- You have a passion to work in an industrial context. You are highly motivated, eager to learn and to further develop yourself.
- You have a basic knowledge English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?