Director Corporate Development
Corporate Development & Infodoc
Finance, Business Development
About Corporate Development
You manage, prepare and coordinate Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) transactions, strategy reviews and corporate investment files. You communicate with internal Umicore business units as well as outside advisors and ultimately assist and advise the group’s Executive Committee in its decision process. You will also contribute to extend Corporate Development’s role as centre of knowledge and excellence for the group in the field of M&A and valuation expertise. You report to the VP Corporate Development.
What you will be doing
Specifically, this will include:
- You conduct periodic strategy reviews and contribute to the group’s long term strategic & business planning cycle, including portfolio management. You assist BUs in their strategy questions.
- You identify, research and execute external growth opportunities for the Group and its different businesses, including M&A process management and coordination (due diligence, negotiation, etc.).
- Upon request, you assist the business units with drafting, reviewing and presenting of organic growth plans.
- You provide Group-wide services & advise in the field of project management and valuation.
Who we are looking for
- You have a master degree and relevant working experience (5 to 10 years) with exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology.
- You are experienced in Strategy and business evaluation, including business plan and financial statements assessment, financial modelling, due diligence and valuation skills.
- You have strategic insight, excellent analytical skills and you are apt to structure and lead complex files and teams.
- As an experienced project manager, you are well organized, stress resistant and you know how to manage tight deadlines.
- You have excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- You are a good negotiator and decisive, you are able to attain compromise while defending Umicore’s interests, taking into account process constraints.
- You are a seasoned team player and motivator, both intra Corporate Development and within multi disciplinary process teams