Director Corporate Development
Corporate Development & Infodoc
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in
- You manage, prepare and coordinate merger and acquisition (M&A) & equity capital markets (ECM) transactions, strategy reviews and corporate investment files.
- You communicate with internal Umicore business units, Umicore’s legal and other corporate departments, VP’s and ultimately Executive Committee and you play an advisory role in the Excom decision process.
- You will also contribute to extend Corporate Development’s role as centre of knowledge and excellence for the group in the field of M&A valuation expertise.
- You identify, research and execute external growth opportunities for the Group and its different businesses, including M&A process management and coordination (due diligence, negotiation, etc.).
- You assist with and coordinate periodic strategy reviews and contribute to the group’s long term strategic & business planning cycle and portfolio management.
- You provide Group-wide services & advise in the field of value management and valuation.
- You report directly to the VP Corporate Development.
- You have a master degree and relevant working experience with exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology. You have at least 10 years of work experience and a minimum of 5 years experience in a related field.
- Your preferentially financial background and experience bring added value to M&A, ECM-transactions and business evaluation (including business plan and financial statement assessment, financial modelling and valuation and due diligence).
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch and French, German languages is a plus.
- You have strategic insight, excellent analytical skills and you are apt to structure and lead complex files and teams.
- As an experienced project manager, you are well organized, stress resistant and you know how to manage tight deadlines.
- You have excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- You are a good negotiator and decisive, you are able to attain compromise while defending Umicore’s interests, taking into account process constraints.
- You are a creative thinker in identifying, structuring and transacting value additions to the Umicore portfolio.
- You are a seasoned team player and motivator, both intra Corporate Development and within multi-disciplinary process teams.
- You subscribe to the Umicore values.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?