Director of RBM Research & Technilogy Center
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Interacting closely with the directors of R&D and Product Management, the Director of RBM Research and Technology Center has the operational responsibility of the unit and is responsible for the management of the Materials and Battery R&D competence teams.
- Building, development and management of the Materials and Battery R&D teams
- Operational responsibility for the Research and Technology Center (QEHS, HR, Budget)
- Prepare and execute the CAPEX files for the different lab- and pilot-scale equipment
- Participation to RBM R&D Programs steercos and report of Competence Teams activities to Innovation Board (=RBM Management Team)
- Define the competences team roadmaps and ensure that the adequate project, resources are put in place to meet the innovation objectives
- PhD in chemistry, materials science or electrochemistry
- Recognized expertise in the field of active materials for Lithium-Ion batteries
- 15+ years’ experience in R&D management functions.
- Fluency in Korean and English is required, both oral and written.
- Solid experience in improving efficiency and effectiveness of management processes
- Strong leadership and people management skills, both hierarchically and in multi-functional/multi-cultural environments
- Team player, results-driven and decisive
- Fast learner with strong analytical skills ; able to summarize information and share knowledge with others
- Good written and verbal communication skills
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?