United States, Catoosa
Environment Health and Safety
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Life-enhancing chemistry. Umicore is an expert in metals-based catalysis for applications that improve our quality of life. Emission treatment technologies, cancer treatments, the production of fine chemicals and advance electronics - all are made possible by our organometallic technology know-how. To bring the magic of metal-based chemistry and catalysis to new customers and new applications we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions, and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
As our EH&S Specialist, you will administer health and safety processes to maintain compliance with regulatory and Umicore requirements such as:
- Monitor industrial hygiene, medical surveillance programs, safety reporting, incident reporting and investigation, safety training requirements and documentation. Items include but not limited to: hearing conservation, respiratory use, first aid team, OSHA requirements, radiation safety, SDS, lock-out/tag-out, confined spaces, DOT registration, first aid, CPR, and other OHSA required training. Oversee activities concerning EH&S. Oversees site health and medical testing activities.
- Manage environmental processes for regulatory and Umicore requirements such as: maintenance of certification to ISO14001, air permits, POTW permit, storm water permit, SARA Title 2 & Title 3, air emission inventory, emergency response plan, TSCA, and recycling programs for AC and PMC functions. Responsible for management of hazardous, non-hazardous, and special waste for campus and coordinate waste profiles. Coordinate and conduct HSE training. Coordinate training with outside trainers. Manage emergency response programs. Responsible for reporting and management of site as a large quantity waste generator. Weekly inspections and compliance reviews for PMC hazardous waste management.
- Develop and submit all corporate, state, and federally required safety and environmental reporting. (includes HERMES; a Umicore reporting system measuring monthly and yearly HSE and sustainability metrics). Maintain SDS files for site. Complete submission forms for new materials. Support the review process of new projects and construction in compliance with safety and environmental regulations. Support JSA’s for new processes.
- Manage incident investigation processes to ensure effective root cause analysis and corrective action of safety and environmental incidents, reporting to regulatory and Umicore agencies and prevent recurring incidents. Support injury assessments and return to work activities with supervisors. Reduce safety risk to employees through incentive programs, work hazard analysis, job safety analysis and employee training. Ensure systems are in place to ensure all safety equipment, alarms, detection and response systems are maintained.
- May be assigned other duties as needed, based on facility needs
- B.S degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline
- The experience level for this position should encompass a minimum of 5 years within a related chemical and manufacturing industry; with health, safety, or environmental engineering position for at least 3 years
- System administration and auditing experience
- Experience with EHS / ISO / OSHA / EPA systems
- The successful candidate is required to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a measured sense of understanding for sensitive and confidential issues with all levels of employees.
- High level of ownership to the EH&S Management System and the ability to anticipate, analyze, and recognize problems / workplace hazards should be a basic skill set.
- The successful candidate must also be able to read and interpret government regulations and apply them to the workplace.
- The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of the environmental and safety regulations and the reporting requirements applicable to a manufacturing setting.
- The selected candidate must be able to prioritize and work with minimal supervision balances immediate and long-term priorities.
- Proficient computer skills
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position please contact Sharnell Jones at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.