South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The position of Environment engineer was created to ensure sustainable development through well compliance with environmental (air emission, waste water, waste disposal, carbon trade, toxic chemical, soil contamination, noise issue and K REACH) requirement in a precursor and cathode plant by implementing environmental management system and compliance program.
- Coordinate all Environment related activities These activities include coordination of visits from local authorities and other external Environmental auditors, and organizing internal audits.
- Update environmental(ex, air emission, waste water, toxic chemical, fugitive air emission) permits on time.
- Report legally required environmental report to government on time.
- Implement carbon trade program.
- Implement product stewardship issues such as MSDS revision, K REACH compliance, chemical import declaration, toxic chemical import declaration.
- Keep environmental management procedure up to date and lead ISO 14001 audit program.
- Respond to customer requirement on environmental aspect.
- Analyze all products, raw material, packing material for RoHS and provide the report as needed.
- HERMES SD reporting
Who we are looking for
i. Education: BSc in engineering with around 5 years operational experience in a chemical manufacturing plant
ii. Technical skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of chemical engineering,
- Knowledge of EHS regulations.
- Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access and Word)
- Understanding of 14001 requirements. Knowledge of OHSAS 18001 requirements is a plus.
iii. Managerial skills:
- Good written and basic English communication
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
iv. Personal skills:
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Analytical thinking, problem solving ability.
- Self-motivated, open minded and strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and eager for challenges in a new environment
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?