Executive Assistant to the CFO & Corporate Finance Organization
Posted on 19-05-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About the Global Finance organization
Umicore’s global finance organization is team of approximately 500 colleagues, working across the globe to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial information and business-supporting analysis. The group’s Corporate Finance organization is part of this network and houses amongst others the group-wide centers of expertise (e.g. the group tax, treasury or group consolidation & controlling teams).
How you will make the difference
- You manage the agenda of the group CFO and act as his point of contact towards internal and external stakeholders and their senior representatives e.g. banks, shareholders, group auditor, governance bodies like Supervisory Board or Audit Committee). You manage the logistical aspects of the CFO Office
- You coordinate the activities of the Corporate Finance management team located in Brussels. You coordinate the joint meetings and help to deliver the team priorities by anticipating deadlines and providing project support.
- You provide overall administrative and organizational support (travel, expense reimbursement) to the CFO and Corporate Finance management team : you prepare reports, necessary documents and presentations and facilitate the overall working of the Corporate Finance departments
- You act as the central support point of contact for the internal Umicore finance organization and you take care of organizing global finance communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- You organize meetings, trainings and/or events with the aim of efficiently supporting the Corporate Finance management.
- You facilitate information exchange and -flow within the various finance (sub)departments ensuring an optimal cooperation.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- Proven experience as a Personal Assistant, Executive Assistant on a senior level, able to handle strict confidentiality with a high degree of professional & organizational maturity.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to navigate in complex organizations with a support-focused and problem-solving mindset to facilitate the work of the CFO and Corporate Finance management team.
- Strong communication skills, both towards external and internal contacts.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and adapt to a flexible workload environment. Ideally includes some prior project management experience.
- A high degree of energy, creativity, and initiative; ability to self-start
- Open to digital innovation and prior experience in incorporating digital tools in support functions. Exceptional fluency in MS Office suite as well as fluent in written and spoken English, Dutch and/or French.
- Brussels-based workplace (including home office group policy flexibility).
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If we can become a world leader in recycling and clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO