Export Supply Chain Analyst (Pasadena. TX)
United States, Bayport
Administration, Supply Chain
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We all have the right to breathe clean air and at Umicore we are a world leader in the production of emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications, as well as power generation and process industry to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tons being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines and further reduce industrial emissions, we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
To add to our valuable team of dedicated employees, Umicore Catalyst USA, LLC. is seeking an Export Supply Chain Analyst at our Plant in Pasadena, TX. If you are passionate about Supply Chain and fascinated by international export this position is right for you. For details on this opportunity and the day to day experience of this role check out the responsibilities listed below.
- Facilitate communication among global sales group and the Plant, prioritize shipments based on urgency and proposed delivery date.
- Coordinate logistics activities with Foreign offices, Customers, and Customs agents.
- Assures compliance with US Customs, International Customs, and other government agency requirements.
- Direct freight forwarder, communicating with carriers the details of loading, transfer, and delivery.
- Establish and communicate material locations prior to shipment and relieve inventory. Coordinate locations with warehouse staff.
- Responsible for tracking the end to end process associated with each shipment and identifying areas where risk may exist.
- Day to day management of the transportation process for multiple international customers and shipments.
- Generate applicable shipping documents to fulfill country-specific requirements, export laws, and letter of credit requirements.
- Charged with the creation of SAP documents as required for international shipments.
- Liaise with manufacturing, logistics, and distribution facilities for transporting shipments; ensuring all steps are followed and shipments are not compromised.
- Accountable for compliance and all documents associated with accurate reporting.
- Work with customer systems to update product and shipping information to meet contract set deadlines.
- Monitor, update, and modify delivery orders based on incoterms until shipments reach final destinations.
- A keen focus on customer satisfaction and on-time delivery.
- In charge of drawback submissions, responsible for preparing paperwork, keeping records of needed documents, and filling out forms.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in supply chain and export preferred. Years of supply chain and export experience can be submitted in lieu of a degree on a one for one basis.
- Knowledge of SAP or a similar ERP system required for the role.
- Demonstrated capability with Microsoft Office Suite. Expertise in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel highly desired.
- Capacity to calculate figures and amounts. Calculations of discounts and identification of price discrepancies.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working with different cultures, at different levels, in a Multinational corporation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Ability to solve practical problems. The right candidate, must be able to identify, analyze and recommend solutions as needed.
- Capacity to adhere to a strict code of ethical conduct
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with time constraints ad hoc
- Interest in and capability to work independently, in a self-driven manner
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
We offer a full-scale benefits plan, including health insurance, company paid life insurance and short-term disability, dental insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, voluntary critical illness and accident insurance, a 401K Plan with employer matching, profit-sharing eligibility, and bonuses. We recognize 11 paid holidays per year and provide a generous allowance for vacation and sick time.
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position, please contact Umicore Catalyst USA HR at HR_UmicoreCatalystUSA@am.umicore.com or by calling 1-888-840-5228.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.