Financial Planning Manager
New Business Incubation
Process & Product Development, Business Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About New Business Incubator (NBI)
The CTO organization is structured around two pillars: Corporate Research & Development (CRD) and New Business Incubation (NBI). NBI is a newly-created unit that will lead Umicore efforts to identify and incubate next generation disruptive technologies with the aim of creating new business opportunities. CRD and NBI will, in close collaboration with the business units, cover Umicore technology innovation roadmap for the short, medium and long term.
What you will be doing
The NBI organization is extending its technology-focus with a strong business-orientation. Assessing the long-term business viability of the different programs and identifying the required improvement levers is critical and will drive future investment decisions.
As financial planning manager you need to bring this financial focus and ensure strategic foresight through sound scenario planning and business plans.
As such you establish financial planning & modelling as a key competence within the NBI organization in order to assess long term business viability for the different New Business Incubators and Programs.
Detailed Responsibilities :
You will drive the strategic and financial planning for the NBI organization:
- You establish strategic and financial planning as a key competence within the NBI organization:
- Leading the way to connected, intelligent and continuous forecast and planning processes, incorporating digital transformation where relevant.
- Ensuring financial measurement of the entire NBI portfolio, including set-up of financial parameters for early stage innovation projects.
- Support and challenge the different business owners with financial translation of their strategic roadmap. Ensure different stakeholders are actively involved in the exercise and endorse the outcome.
- Promote business acumen among the NBI-organization by creating financial awareness and a core understanding of the strategic roadmap and its financial impact.
- You assess long term business viability for the different New Business Incubators and Programs and determine key improvement levers to evolve towards sustainable businesses. For each of the programs you will :
- Develop a clear understanding of the business and its main drivers
- Evaluate business model and develop long-term models from a financial perspective.
- Co-develop the strategic roadmap and action plan together with internal and external key business stakeholder
- Support the development of business and pricing models for each incubator by giving the necessary insights on financial levers and formulating sound recommendations on how to optimize them.
You will lead the Business controlling of NBI battery recycling; you will be responsible for batttery recycling controlling, translating financial results into solid business recommendations for the NBI organization and management team by :
- Coordinate closing process
- Ensuring correct metal accounting
- Support commercial excellence by providing pricing tools
- Maintain an end-to-end view and deep understanding of the current system set-up.
- Ensuring yearly budget and quarterly forecast roll-out by challenging commercial, production and management teams, ensuring a viable and ambitious outcome in line with global strategy.
- Act as expert and point of contact towards the commercial department.
- Follow-up of cost variance analysis and KPI’s (yields,… )
The geographical area of these activities is worldwide. The position will be located in Hoboken, Belgium.
Who we are looking for
- You have obtained a Master Degree preferably in a financial area. You have at least 10 years working experience in a relevant environment
- You have thorough knowledge of SAP (COP / UMP / PRD) and Microsoft excel
- You are digitally savvy as e.g. you are able to work with Power BI tool
- You are an excellent and persuasive communicator, with good oral and written presentation skills.
- You can work on your own under general direction, have a good sense of prioritization and decisions on assigned goals and manage time accordingly in collaboration within your network and with your team(s).
- You are a good team player and strong people manager with an outspoken coaching mentality
- You are flexible and open minded.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO