Canada - Burlington
Posted on 15-09-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air, and at Umicore, we are a world leader in the production of automotive emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tons of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
This position is responsible for:
· Inspection of finished goods to ensure that stamping, packaging, and labeling standards are met
· Following all safety rules and guidelines
· Producing products that meet Umicore quality standards and is within customer specifications
· Responsible for keeping work area and other areas clean and organized
· Other duties as assigned
· Willing to work rotating 12-hour continental shifts
Who we are looking for
The competencies required for this role:
· Highly motivated
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to show initiative and innovative thinking
· Comfortable standing for long periods of time
· Batch-making experience is an asset
· Ability to work alone and as a team
This position's education and experience requirements are:
· Obtained a post secondary education, preferably in chemical, mechanical or electrical program (a minimum grade 12 diploma and relevant work experience will be considered)
· 2-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Forklift experience a plus
· Knowledge of 5S a plus
· Computer literacy – Preferably with Microsoft Office (excel, word, outlook)
· Knowledge of SAP and experience in quality environment systems are preferred
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If you require accommodation due to a disability or require any assistance with applying please indicate in the email application.
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO