Global Analytical Development Manager
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The Global Analytical Development Manager manages the Analytical Development organization that carries out global development and harmonization projects in the field of sampling, analytical methods and analytical excellence.
Within the area of analytical methods, sampling, analytical excellence, the Global Analytical Development Manager is expected to:
- Define, coordinate and execute the portfolio of development and improvement projects, ensures corrective actions are put in place when needed and decides on the portfolio priorities
- Coordinate the structural reporting on project status and next steps towards the different stakeholders (internal customers, management, …) in the organization
- Define the resources and teams needed to realize the project targets at the start and during the execution of the projects
- Be responsible for the people development and management in the team
- Ensure continuous build-up of analytical/sampling expertise, relevant to RBM and guarantees that knowledge
- remains in line with continuously evolving products and processes
- is documented by preparation of the relevant training materials, technical notes,… and made available to relevant stakeholders through the RBM Academy
- Promote the team’s watchdog position for new opportunities, and decides on the way forward based on that.
- Collaborate and builds partnerships both outside and within the Umicore organization to ensure the success of the projects and the team’s expertise build-up
- Set up and continuously improves management systems and tools (planning, Sharepoint flows, resource management, LIMS, training assessment, visualisations and dashboarding…) to leverage the overall efficiency of both the analytical development and lab organization
- Ensure the standardization and alignment between the different sites
- Support other departments/suppliers on analytical and/or sampling related topics (VOC, customer requests,…)
Who we are looking for
- A person with good organizing skills who can manage a project portfolio
- Able to make decisions on a timely manner
- High level of reporting and presentation skills
- Good communication skills - open, respectful, convincing
- Ability to operate in a matrix structure in contact with different departments
- Perseverant and committed to results
- Project and portfolio management expertise
- Expertise in statistical methods as well as analytical chemistry
- Experience in the field of sampling and battery field is an asset
- Engineering understanding (liquid flows, powder flows, segregation…)
- Proficient with basic office tools as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- MS (chemistry, engineering or applied sciences) with min 5 years of experience in a laboratory, a sampling department or operational department
- Fluent speaking and writing in English, other languages (such as Chinese, Korean, Polish or Finish) is a plus
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO