Global Product Managment R&D Researcher
South Korea, Cheonan UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
1. Product/Process development, Supporting project
- Work with supervisor on experimental design, sample preparation, characterization & data analysis
- Conduct/arrange customer samples piloting & arrange sample analysis and shipment
- Interact with different internal and external departments (AT, PTE, TQM, OPs,...)
2. Reporting and data interpretation
- Update and structure summary files
- Formal reporting (PPT)
- AT communication (SRF coordinator)
- Interpretation of results
- Use of databases according to RTC policy
3. Lab management responsibilities
- Equipment maintenance
- Analytical method responsibilities
- Room responsibility and 5S
Who we are looking for
- Good understanding of chemistry, physics, material science,...
- Good knowledge analytical procedures
- Good cathode material/process/battery understanding
- Good knowledge of operation procedures for R&D equipment
- Good knowledge of software
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If my pioneering research can drive our progress in clean mobility, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?