Group Communications Officer
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Support Functions
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who van build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Group Communications Officer you provide support to Umicore's Group and financial communications:
- Back office support to the production of the Integrated Annual Report (print & digital).
- Support to financial communications through various publications. Translating and proofreading (English, French and/or Dutch) of written documents. Ensuring that press releases are published to the right audiences in the right timeframe and publishing content on the Investor Relations webpages.
You will also provide logistical support to Capital Market Days, organize site or other visits for Investor Relations when required and take care of the office management of the Group Communications department.
Who we are looking for
- You have strong capabilities for project management
- You have excellent English speaking and writing skills
- You have a strong level in either Dutch or French. Both would be an asset.
- You are experienced in desktop publishing. Knowledge of InCopy/InDesign is an asset.
- You are an expert user of Powerpoint and Excel
- You have some knowledge of company financial reporting and/or good numeracy skills and affinity.
- You are rigorous and driven to achieve results on time and on budget, well organized and open to a team of varying backgrounds and cultures.
- You are time flexible during very busy periods, resistant to stress and willing to travel in case of events.
- You have good social skills for external-facing contacts
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF WE CAN BECOME A WORLD LEADER IN RECYCLING AND CLEAN MOBILITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?