Head of Blast Furnace and Lead Refinery
Precious Metals Refining
Posted on 03-07-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Precious Metals Refining
The world’s resources are scarce. Umicore’s refining and recycling technology gives used metals a new lease of life. We are experts in treating the most complex materials from around the world. Our processes help bring value to the circular economy and reduce environmental impacts. To recover more metal from different types of material we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new processes. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Purpose of function
Within the framework of the policy and strategy of the plant of Umicore Precious Metals Refining the Head of Blast Furnace and Lead Refinery is the final responsible and accountable for the operational management with the priority to ensure world class environmental and safety performance. You participate in the development of site strategies and monitor coherence, define the necessary technologies and procedures in order to deliver excellent key performance indicators of the Operations and to achieve the strategic and operational department objectives.
Your main responsibilities:
- You manage the daily operations with the managers of the department with a clear focus to reduce the environmental impact and safety incidents and to improve the working conditions.
- You manage efficient and effective operations and technical performance with respect for the required throughput
- You manage the opex and capex budget and portfolio of the department. Within the H1 and H2 horizon act as project manager for your department, define and implement action plans to facilitate the H1 and H2 defined projects.
- You are an active member of the OLT (Operational Leadership Team). You actively contribute to the development and implementation of the defined strategy for the plant.
- You actively evaluate the implementation of the QEHS processes in your department and identify systematic improvements to continuously improve the risk reduction
- You lead an efficient and effective formal communication process through your department and peers and with the local union representatives
- You assure and increase the metallurgical and chemical knowledge of the processes in cooperation with CRD and R&I and supervise the CRD studies
- You are responsible for the organizational structure of your department
- You assist on the recruitment of the managers in the department and are responsible for their training and development.
- You take up the responsibility for the whole plant operations as Engineer on Duty, up to 2 weeks per year and you participate in the crisis organization up to 7 times per year.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master degree or PhD in chemical or metallurgical engineering
- You have at least 10 years of operational, technological and/or business leadership
- You are a born people manager and natural leader having impact on a bigger team.
- You are common with practical requirements of environmental, health and safety issues.
- You master good communication skills: presentation, receptivity, persuasion.
- You are a decision maker with a systematic approach and an effective problem solver.
- You excel as a team player who is both quality and customer minded.
- You quickly synthesize data and you come to clear conclusions.
- You show stress resistance and commitment to results.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR RECYCLING TEAMS CAN HELP TACKLE RESOURCE SCARCITY, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?