Head of Future Excellence
Belgium - Hoboken
Purchasing and Transportation
Supply Chain & Logistics
Posted on 18-09-2023
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
With the introduction of the sustainability strategy “Go For Zero” and the business strategy Umicore RISE 2030, Umicore has clear and challenging ambitions for the future. These come with new and bigger challenges for P&T as well. Scale and speed of growth will ask for strong focus on business IT operations & data intelligence, as well as supplier risk mgt & sustainability focus in P&T related global domains.
Within the Future excellence team, all of these responsibilities are put together to bring focus on Sustainability & Digitalization (framing it together under ‘Future’) related activities that support Umicore & P&T.
In the next years Umicore will achieve a significant growth, especially in the field of battery materials and battery recycling, which results in an increasing workforce within P&T, as well within the BU’s where they make use of the P&T processes & systems. It is key for Umicore that the Future Excellence function is guaranteeing continuously well-functioning business IT operations for the P&T functions, as well guaranteeing compliancy over the processes & towards the UGSSP (Umicore Global Sustainable Sourcing Policy), in combination with owning all data initiatives within P&T, in close collaboration and complementary to similar IS/IT initiatives.
Develop and implement global strategy for Future Excellence team:
- Provide leadership and direction in future excellence, with a strategic focus on short-term, midterm and long-term response strategies within digitalization & sustainability
- Business & data intelligence availability for global Umicore business and all P&T functions
- Continuously well-functioning IT operations
- Supplier risk management
- Let’s go for Zero initiatives within P&T
- Compliancy within P&T processes
- Drive continuous improvement within the team by defining, consolidating and executing an improvement plan, while ensuring compliancy, business & data intelligence to create more added value for Umicore.
- Manage in alignment with the director global P&T excellence the cost center budget
- Ensuring that business needs are reflected in the strategy defined within Future excellence team on Digitalization, Business Intelligence & Sustainability within P&T.
- Providing team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities
- Challenge & prioritize initiatives within the team to ensure deployment of the strategy
- Establish and maintain a relationship with management within the business, allowing for strategic alignment, as well as periodically reviewing performance, KPI’s monitoring to be able to agree on joint initiatives / projects.
- Ensure an intimate connection with other P&T teams in order to be a pro-active and strategic partner in the future excellence initiatives that are essential for the business and Umicore works in close cooperation with other SOF/CORP functions in Umicore (IS/IT as important partner in the future excellence team)
- As team member of the PTX Excellence Management team, contribute, challenge & implement the agreed upon strategy.
- Ensure close collaboration within the P&T excellence mgt team.
- Provide global oversight and future excellence related insights to the PTX MT, report to the Director Global P&T Excellence.
We are looking for
- Master degree (economics, sciences, …) or equivalent by experience
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in relevant domains (Business IT / Data intelligence / Risk / Sustainability)
- Substantial professional experience in (indirect) procurement or supply chain (> 10 years)
- Deep understanding and knowledge of business and process needs
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch, French and German is an asset.
- Experience working for a large, diverse multinational is preferred.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, strategic orientation and thinking
- Performance and result oriented, internal customer oriented, strives for continuous improvement
- Analytical & conceptual thinking and decision making; strong project and risk management skills
- Exemplary behaviour towards ethics and integrity
- Strong communicator and interpersonal impact (influencing and persuading)
- Teamwork, collaboration & flexibility
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our pioneering approach can make us a leader in sustainability, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO