Head of Global Finance Services (GFS) Europe
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About the Support Functions
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we pioneer approaches to sustainability that continue to offer customers materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. To achieve this, however, we know we can’t stand still. We know we need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. It’s why we invest so much in research & development. It’s why we push ourselves to tackle increasingly complex challenges. It’s why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed. It’s why we are looking for talented individuals to shape tomorrow by leading the way today. In an environment like this, imagine what you could do?
What you will be doing
Drive operations of our Global Finance Service (GFS) Europe (shared service) with headquarters in Brussels (position based in Brussels). You will handle the accounting of some 28 legal entities in BE, NL, DE, FI, DK, PL, FR. You will cover the following processes: Record to Report and close the book activities, Process to Pay, Order to cash, Financial Master Data Management and local statutory compliance.
Take the leadership of a total team of about 55 internal people and 20 in an outsourced environment. The team is spread over 5 main locations (Belgium, Finland, Germany and Bulgaria).
Contribute to the definition of the strategy and successfully execute the strategy to transformation and consequently lead the European accounting functions and processes in scope.
Enable our continuous improvement journey and contribute actively to the roll out of new digital solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Participate either as the leader or as a member in transversal Umicore projects, which are related or need to involve GFS activities like the new SAP for Hana ERP system roll out.
Ensure a constructive interaction with its internal local customers and stakeholders with the aim of providing quality accounting services at competitive terms in a sustainable way.
Who we are looking for
- Education and background
- Master degree in business, accounting or related discipline; MBA, CPA or advanced preferred
- Fluent in English
- Experience in the successful implementation and/or leading of shared service center operations is a plus
- Experience in ERP system roll out is a plus
- Accounting and process management experience
- Innovation, digitalization and change management
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience
- Demonstrated track record of successful interaction with executive leaders in an international context
- Able to think analytically, strategically, and creatively to gain competitive advantage
- Able to manage multiple priorities effectively, while managing ambiguity and adapting to changing business needs and priorities
- Able to take decision, take initiative and deliver results
- Managerial and mentorship skills to effectively institute company changes with minimal disruption
- Proven people management skills, able to lead, coach, and develop a team to drive performance improvement and deliver objectives
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO