Head of Investor Relations
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
A global organization. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our support functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- As Head of Investor Relations you are responsible for drafting and implementing a comprehensive and global investor relations strategy, in line with and as part of the Group Communications strategy, to ensure that Umicore’s equity story is well understood by the financial markets and Umicore’s share is fairly valued.
- As key point of contact for the financial community you build relationships and maintain dialogue with sell-side analysts and investors globally.
- You host investor and analyst conference calls, meetings and site visits and represent Umicore on investor roadshows and conferences globally. You organize Umicore’s Capital Markets Days and ensure analysts and investors have appropriate access to the CEO/CFO.
- You lead the cycle of Umicore’s half year and full year results communication: analyse and discuss the financial and business results with the business units and define and develop the key messages together with the CEO, CFO and VP Group Comms.
- You develop the content of the communication and presentation material on other topics related to Umicore’s equity story.
- You ensure a correct balance between the amount of information disclosed to allow fair valuation and to protect confidential or commercially sensitive information; you ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for communication.
- You monitor and analyse how Umicore is perceived in the financial markets; provide insights on investor sentiment, market trends and intelligence and report back to senior management
- You manage the Investor Relations team, ensuring seamless interaction with other corporate departments and business units
- You have a Master degree in a business-related discipline and 10+ years professional experience within a relevant field (finance, communication, M&A, investment banking, financial analyst ...)
- You are skilled in analysing a large amount of complex financial, economic and technical information and to translate this information into short, clear and compelling messages
- You have good understanding of financial and wider business/economic matters and strong interest in Umicore’s products, technologies and end-markets
- You have excellent verbal and written knowledge of English and are fluent in French and/or Dutch.
- You are open and communicative and as enthusiastic networker, able to build and maintain relationships in an international context
- You are an engaging presenter, with also excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally
- You are team builder with strong people management skills
- You are a fast-learner, able to work independently and efficiently within regular and tight deadlines
- You are flexible and available to travel globally
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?